Hello, I am Mike Brooks and welcome to the first entry of the Crocodile Connection Blog.
It is 7:30 PM Sunday night January 31 and I am in my train room/office/attic. At 67 years old I am excited to be doing my first blog, especially since in is about my favorite hobby and business - TRAINS.
I am writing this blog to keep those of you who are interested in an inside look at the process of starting an new business informed.
I was an industrial controls trainer for Siemens for 20 years and I often started my classes with an acronym.
WIFM - " What's in it for me"
1. For myself I am looking forward to meeting lots of train enthusiasts and sharing my love of trains and helping to support my addiction, whoops, I mean hobby!, and learning as much as I can about the world of model trains.
2. For you, I hope to become a "NEXUS" for everything involved in the pursuit of train knowledge and equipment. I plan to have hundreds of LINKS to everything model train oriented so that you can come to this site and find what ever it is you want or need for the enjoyment of model trains.
This BLOG will have a structure that is defined below:
1. Progress on my layout.
Added a skirt to hide the storage area under the layout
2. Progress on the development of the Crocodile Train Store.
3. Responses to feedback from the blog followers.
4. NEWS Flashes in the world of model trains.
5. General ramblings